Trusting In All Kinds Of Weather
In a recent Sunday school lesson we were studying the Old Testament book of Ecclesiastes. There is a verse there that has spoken to me in the past and I'd like to share that verse with you and how it speaks to us today.
In times past, during the haying season I would spend a lot of time trying to guess what the weather would be so that I could get the hay put up without it getting rained on. One summer, I didn't get much haying done for several weeks, for fear of getting the hay wet. It was frustrating to say the least. Then at some point, I read this verse.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." (Ecclesiastes 11:4) It goes on in verse 5..."As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things."
It was then I realized that all I had to do was go forward, using common sense and trusting God to take care of the things like the weather. Since that time, the haying season, along with most all of life has been much less stressful!
Rather than worry about the weather and other things we cannot control, we need to heed the words of Solomon at the end of Ecclesiastes: "Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." (Chapter 12; verse 13).
In times past, during the haying season I would spend a lot of time trying to guess what the weather would be so that I could get the hay put up without it getting rained on. One summer, I didn't get much haying done for several weeks, for fear of getting the hay wet. It was frustrating to say the least. Then at some point, I read this verse.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." (Ecclesiastes 11:4) It goes on in verse 5..."As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things."
It was then I realized that all I had to do was go forward, using common sense and trusting God to take care of the things like the weather. Since that time, the haying season, along with most all of life has been much less stressful!
Rather than worry about the weather and other things we cannot control, we need to heed the words of Solomon at the end of Ecclesiastes: "Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." (Chapter 12; verse 13).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home