Look to Jesus
Dear friends,
My trusty laptop has
decided to take a vacation this week. I will be taking it to the repair shop
Monday, but for now I’m using an older one that doesn’t have all the perks I’m
used to. This will be a re-learning experience, I am sure. We managed to get a
little rain last week. As usual, we didn’t get the amount we thought we needed,
but we are thankful for every drop.
This month, I will have
the blessing of sharing God’s word with three different churches. In light of
the ongoing news from Afghanistan, I believe it is proper to share a thought or
two from the message I am preaching.
It is no secret that the
Taliban there in Afghanistan, and other places around the world, are bent on
destroying Christianity. It is in their teaching that followers of Jesus Christ
are to be killed, as well as anyone who doesn’t submit to their religion. The
persecution of Christians in that part of the world is real, and it is going on
now. However, the Bible tells us God is just and righteous, and He will have the
final say.
The apostle Paul wrote
this to the persecuted church in Thessalonica, “All this is evidence that God’s
judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of
God, for which you are suffering, God is just. He will pay back trouble to
those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as
well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing
fire with his powerful angels. He will punish those who do not know God and do
not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting
destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of
his power on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be
marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you
believed our testimony to you.
With this in mind, we
constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling… We
pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you
in him” (2 Thessalonians 1:5-12).
Look to Jesus,
Labels: Calling, Christian Living, Eternal Life, God's Word, Judgment, Persecution, Witness

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home