It disturbs me when I read of churches in this country allowing themselves to be used for propaganda platforms for people, even leaders, of countries that would like nothing better than to see America in general, and Christians in particular, destroyed. No matter how much the "tolerance" group would like to believe these people are not dangerous, that is wishful thinking and is completely wrong.
Rather than including these folks, we should be praying that they will find the Truth, because until they get Jesus in their lives and in their thinking, they are our enemies, not our brothers.
Jesus did, in fact, tell us to love our enemies. By this, he meant we are to love them enough to pray for their salvation, not to just accept them and their "religion" as spiritual equals. And, I cannot think he would have given those who were trying to kill him (and were eventually successful), the hand of friendship without their acceptance of his deity and his lordship. The message of John 14:6 is still the same as it was when Jesus told it to his disciples.
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."
Yes, he did ask God to forgive those who killed him, but I have to believe that forgiveness was contingent on their eventual admission that he was the Messiah, the Savior of the world.
Let's pray for the salvation of those who want us destroyed, but let's not take them to bed with us. There's an old story about a frog convincing a grasshopper to ride on his back to the other side of a pond. Half-way across, the frog ate the grasshopper. The grasshopper's last words were, "I thought you were my friend!"
To which the frog replied, "Hey, I'm still a frog!"
Think about it!
Rather than including these folks, we should be praying that they will find the Truth, because until they get Jesus in their lives and in their thinking, they are our enemies, not our brothers.
Jesus did, in fact, tell us to love our enemies. By this, he meant we are to love them enough to pray for their salvation, not to just accept them and their "religion" as spiritual equals. And, I cannot think he would have given those who were trying to kill him (and were eventually successful), the hand of friendship without their acceptance of his deity and his lordship. The message of John 14:6 is still the same as it was when Jesus told it to his disciples.
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."
Yes, he did ask God to forgive those who killed him, but I have to believe that forgiveness was contingent on their eventual admission that he was the Messiah, the Savior of the world.
Let's pray for the salvation of those who want us destroyed, but let's not take them to bed with us. There's an old story about a frog convincing a grasshopper to ride on his back to the other side of a pond. Half-way across, the frog ate the grasshopper. The grasshopper's last words were, "I thought you were my friend!"
To which the frog replied, "Hey, I'm still a frog!"
Think about it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home