Never Forsaken
When we returned home Sunday, we discovered one of the cows had twins while we were gone and had claimed them both. Many times, one is abandoned and if not found and given a mother or fed with a bottle, it will die. Blessing # 2 for the week!
As I think about this mother cow and her calves, it brings to mind the words of the Lord. "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)
If we are his, he will not abandon us ever. We are his and he is ours. In Psalm 94:14, we are told, "For the Lord will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance."
One more...there are others. Psalm 37:28... "For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever."
Praise the Lord for his faithfulness, even when we fail him. There are two more verses I can think of that apply here. They deal with the idea of our security and the faithfulness of God.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). And this, " I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life" (1 John 5:13).
Trusting him,
Pastor Jerry

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home